Tobold's Blog
Thursday, June 03, 2004
 
Megatomix and Syndication

Megatomix is a commercial MMORPG information exchange site. You can subscribe for $25 per year to read other peoples unofficial hints and strategy advice on a range of popular MMORPG. You can then rate the advices usefulness, and the author gets paid if the advice was found extremely useful by a number of people. I can't tell you much more about them, as I didn't pay the $25, so I didn't get the opportunity to judge the quality of the content. And I have serious doubts about their claims how you can get rich by playing MMORPG and writing about it. But aside from that they look honest enough, you can even click on the names of the games and see the titles of the strategy guides on offer.

Syndication, I learned this week, is making your content available to others via a feed. This came up when the guys from Megatomix asked me whether I had such a feed, and I had to scramble to find out. :)

Fortunately it turns out that Blogger is offering this service automatically, so my feed can be reached under http://tobolds.blogspot.com/atom.xml. Sorry, no RSS feed, this more popular format is only offered to Blogger Pro users, and Blogger isn't selling Blogger Pro any more, which makes getting an RSS feed difficult for me. Blogger suggests using a site that converts Atom feeds into RSS feeds.

I am not an affiliate of Megatomix or any other site. Whatever content I write is free. You can use the Atom feed (which will only give you the first paragraph of my posts), or you can copy & paste from here. If you want to use my content on your site, all I ask for is a link, preferably something like "written by <a href="http://tobolds.blogspot.com">Tobold</a>".
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool