Tobold's Blog
Monday, June 21, 2004
 
Pitfalls of Virtual Property

I already mentioned my point of view on virtual property. I don't mind people buying and selling it, but I don't think it should be considered as real and permanent. And when I discuss a topic, I tend to write up to a whole page about it, which can be considered long for the medium weblog. But other people consider the issues surrounding virtual worlds worth a lot more than just one page. Dr. Richard Bartle (I mentioned the Bartle test which is based on his classification of players) published a 24-page paper about the Pitfalls of Virtual Property. Don't worry, it is surprisingly readable for a scientific paper.

As that paper pretty much covers all the arguments against considering virtual property as real, there is nothing left for me to say about this issue, unless there are news to report.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool