Tobold's Blog
Tuesday, October 19, 2004

What I wrote about EQII both on and here got slashdotted. Being mentioned on is considered to be the pinnacle of what passes for fame on the internet. So, according to Warhol, I now got 15 minutes to bask in this fame.

Actually I wouldn't even have noticed, as Slashdot is a bit too chaotic for me to read regularly. But I received an e-mail from John Smedley, President of Sony Online Entertainment, thanking me for writing a balanced opinion. Which actually impressed me more than being slashdotted did. Oh, and he promised to fix the lag in the next couple of days. Good news.

[Correction] Warhol was wrong. Fame on the internet doesn't last 15 minutes, but according to Site Meter which is counting my page visits, it lasts about 4 days:

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool