Tobold's Blog
Tuesday, October 19, 2004
 
Slashdotted

What I wrote about EQII both on Grimwell.com and here got slashdotted. Being mentioned on Slashdot.org is considered to be the pinnacle of what passes for fame on the internet. So, according to Warhol, I now got 15 minutes to bask in this fame.

Actually I wouldn't even have noticed, as Slashdot is a bit too chaotic for me to read regularly. But I received an e-mail from John Smedley, President of Sony Online Entertainment, thanking me for writing a balanced opinion. Which actually impressed me more than being slashdotted did. Oh, and he promised to fix the lag in the next couple of days. Good news.

[Correction] Warhol was wrong. Fame on the internet doesn't last 15 minutes, but according to Site Meter which is counting my page visits, it lasts about 4 days:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool