Tobold's Blog
Tuesday, December 28, 2004
 
Gamespy EverQuest II vs. World of Warcraft

Gamespy did an EverQuest II vs. World of Warcraft comparison point by point. WoW comes out slightly ahead, but the interesting part is how the games are compared feature by feature. I pretty much agree with most of the points, just that in their comparison EQ2 is said to be more stable than WoW, and I experienced just the opposite. But of course I wasn't there on WoW release day. Right now EQ2 has daily server downtime, and WoW has server maintenance once a week. Guess which one I prefer.

I cancelled my EQ2 account yesterday. I have reached my target of level 25 as carpenter and wasn't really motivated to keep on crafting. At that level one combine often just gets you 0.4% of xp, so you need 250 combines to go up another level. And there is absolutely nothing interesting before level 30, you could even say level 35.

Life being full of little ironies, today, one day after cancelling EQ2, Amazon finally sends me the EQ2 strategy guide I ordered 2 months ago. As I already got the WoW strategy guide, I'll write a comparative book review for a change.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool