Tobold's Blog
Monday, January 17, 2005
 
D&D System Reference Document v3.5

Unlikely as it sounds, I do have other hobbies than online role-playing games. Namely *offline* role-playing games. :) I've been playing Advanced Dungeons & Dragons for 20 years now, in many different versions, plus a couple of other rule systems. But the last 3 years I was playing in a AD&D 1st edition campaign, which just ended. And I'm rather excited about the new D&D v3.5 campaign we will start now. Thus some links:

System Reference Document v3.5 is a site which basically has the information of the D&D v3.5 Players Handbook online. While in the early days of the internet TSR would serve you with a cease and decist order for copyright violation if you even mentioned "magic missile", the new owners Wizards of the Coast have an Open Game License system for their d20 system.

This makes a lot of D&D resources online possible. So many in fact, that they are hard to find sometimes. Which makes a site like DnDResources.com very useful. One thing I found there while trying to create a spellbook for my new mage was a huge monster of a character sheet generation program called PCGen. But I think I'll use the SDR v3.5 link to copy and paste my spellbook in MS Word. Unless one of you knows of a better way to create a real "spellbook", with all the rule text for all of your spells.

[Addendum] Zonk sent me another good link via the comments: Andargor has an offline searchable version of the SRD 3.5, in case you want to have the D&D rules on your laptop. I recommend the HTML version, which is easy enough to use for anybody, unless you are an expert and prefer XML or MySQL databases.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool