Tobold's Blog
Thursday, February 10, 2005
 
How Amazon lost a customer

I ordered the European version ofWorld of Warcraft at Amazon.co.uk. This morning I obviously wonder when they will send it, as I had hoped to get the game in time for tomorrows release. So I look on their site and find the following cryptic message:

Please Note: this game may be in short supply for launch, while Blizzard increase their game server capacity. Please be aware that we may not be able to fulfill orders placed before February 8 until a few weeks after release. [Emphasis mine]

Either that is the worst typo ever, or they have installed a new customer-unfriendly "First come, last served" policy. So I went to Play.com and ordered a copy this morning. And this evening it is already listed as "posted". But as I still won't get the game in time for the weekend, and I need two copies anyway to get my wife playing with me, I went and reserved myself a collectors edition in a local store. Will be in French, but who cares. Once I get the English client I can probably install that one on both computers. The important thing is to get an account. And I kind of liked the cute panda cub you get when you take the collectors edition. I'll cancel my order with Amazon.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool