Tobold's Blog
Saturday, February 12, 2005
 
WoW Journal - Day 2

Day 2 finds me getting up far too early for a Saturday. Basically played most of the day, but concentrating not on leveling, but on crafting. I knew playing a warrior on a new server would be hard, due to the warrior being strongly dependant on gear, and gear being hard to get on a new server. So I made an alt, Tobold the undead warlock, level him up to 5, and start skinning and leatherworking to make light leather for Raslebol's smithing, and light armor kits to improve his armor. By the time he is finished with that, he is level 6.

Raslebol starts the day by doing his level 10 warrior quest, which gives him a second stance, and a better weapon. Unfortunately the latter is hard, as the quest item to get is guarded by level 12 hunters with pets. An underequipped level 10 warrior is having difficulties, and I die several times before I make it. Time to improve the equipment. I get cracking on blacksmithing, and get this up to 85 over the day. Blacksmithing is hard work, because at the end I need 10 copper each point of increase, and thus I spent most of the day mining, mixed with questing.

At level 12 I'm able to make myself a nice magic axe. Time to see the world. I leave Durotar and head over into the Barrens. First stop: Ratchet, where there are some quests to kill pirates on the shore. Although two of the quests are level 16, I manage all of them. One with luckily not running into the level 16 mob, the other by grouping with a rogue. I then move to Crossroads, and take quests there. The quest journal is filling up quickly. I also do some more quests in Durotar, to get access to one of the quests that leads into the first instanced dungeon, Ragefire Chasm. But I won't enter that before level 16, if not 18, the elite mobs there are hard.

I spend more time for crafting, increasing my first aid to make heavy bandages, and start to learn cooking. If my guildmates don't help me out with some fish, I might be force to learn fishing just to increase cooking. I make a trip to Mulgore to kill swoops, to collect small eggs, which can be cooked into the first stat increasing food. But progress in cooking skill is slow.

Didn't have a single crash all day. But once I had the infamous "stuck in looting position" bug from mining, and quit the game and rebooted to fix it. Most of the day the latency was below 100 ms. But at one point I get hit with a lag spike and latency goes over 1000 ms. Up to now can't complain about server stability.

The day ends with me being level 14. The Cosmos census says that in the evening 473 players are online on the Horde side, with most of them being level 9 to 10. Logical, I'm one day ahead of the curve as I managed to create the account on Friday already. The three highest level players are level 21, 22, and 23. I get a chuckle out of the level 23 looking for a group to do Wailing Caverns. You can't be both faster than everybody, and always have people of your level to group with at the same time. I make another alt to do a census on the Alliance side. 659 players there, average level 8 to 9. Only one player higher than level 20, but he is already level 26.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool