Tobold's Blog
Thursday, February 17, 2005
 
WoW Journal - Day 7

Day 7 I log on in the evening, as usual, and first do a census. 479 players on the Horde side, with the highest level being 39. With me and my level 19 being somewhere in the middle of the distribution.

I travel from Ogrimmar to Thunder's Bluff to hand in the Lost Satchel. There I pick up a quest to sends me to the Sepulcher in Silverpine forest. No problem, as I wanted to pass Undercity anyway to learn how to wield swords. I travel from Undercity to Silverpine and further to Tarren Mill to tag the flight paths in that region. The exploration xp make me ding 20. I love it when I level without having done anything special for it.

Back from the undead lands I head for the Crossroads in the Barrens and hand in another quest. Ouch! Turns out this is part of a series, and for the next part I have to visit ... Thunder's Bluff and the Sepulcher in Silverpine. Grrrr! I end up doing the same voyage again, only slightly easier by the fact that I can now ride a bat from Undercity to Silverpine. But it's worth it, as the Thunder's Bluff part of the quest gives me a very well rewarded quest for the Wailing Caverns, where I wanted to go anyway.

So, next stop Wailing Caverns, after having found 4 more guild mates for a group. This is exactly what I am playing on the Euro servers for: The ability to group with guild mates. And WoW is quite open to that, our group ranges from level 19 to 25, without we being punished with low xp. Wailing caverns are huge, it takes us something like 3 hours to clear it out. But the xp are good, and I come out literally loaded with "phat lewt", including my first blue drop, a bow. Sigh, I was using gun up to now, I'll have to change. And the blue quest reward for killing the four Lords of the Fang is a blue sword, so I'll have to change from axe to sword as well. Well, probably a good idea to stay flexible.

The end of the day finds me well advanced in level 20. As I have now played one week, I'm doing a /played command to see how many hours I played: 1 day 21 hours, that is 45 hours in my first Euro WoW week. That's a lot, even for me, I tend to play between 30 and 40 hours per week. I wonder how people got to level 39 in the same week. Several players taking turns in playing one character? Or somebody on holiday, or unemployed, doing nothing but playing all day? Are they leveling just for the fun of it, the l33t status, or are they planning to be the first to farm gold at level 60 to sell it on IGE while the dollar value is still high? I don't know.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool