Tobold's Blog
Thursday, March 24, 2005
 
WoW Journal - 24-Mar-2005

I had bid for some reasonably priced mithril bars in the auction house, and when I logged on I found the mithril in my mail box. Sometimes I just get lucky. Then I just had to do a quick trip into the Alterac Mountains to get 4 more mithril to get all the metal I needed for the Mithril Order quest. I make all the parts for the 3 quest, fly to Gadgetzan to hand them in, and ding 42 on the quest reward. I also get 3 recipes for mithril armor and the Glimmering Mithril Insignia. That is a highly useful trinket which makes you immune to fear effects for 30 seconds, as well as increasing your armor by 50, and all resistances by 10, usable every 10 minutes.

Then I find out what Alan commented on yesterdays journal: The Mithril Order quest has absolutely nothing to do with becoming a weaponsmith. Doh! In fact you need to talk to an unmarked orc standing near the forge, who gives you the choice between weaponsmith and armorsmith. Once you made that choice, the orc marked will give you the quest for the specialization. Which, who would have guessed, involves making lots of mithril weapons. And me fresh out of mithril, and not in possession of the Black Pearls needed to make Big Black Maces. Something to do this long easter weekend, if the patch on Friday doesn't mess up my game.

But today I've had enough of smithing, and I turn to bashing monsters instead. I gather some guild mates to do the third part of the Scarlet Monastery, the Cathedral. This turns out to be fun, but a bit strange. Can you believe we managed to bring *too much* crowd control? The group has one rogue who can sap, one warlock whose succubus can mez by flirting (showing cute red hearts above the thus immobilized enemy), and a priest who can mind control. And me, who knows a thing or two about pulling, and often pulls just one or two mobs, and never more than 3, even from the cathedral, which is crowded with enemies. So there is nearly always only one enemy who isn't mezmerized, stunned, or mind-controlled, and that makes the fights rather easy.

We clear out the cathedral, on of the group tells me that there is a secret door in one corner, and I manage to find the switch to open it, netting us a boss mob who drops three green items. And then we do the final fight, which also doesn't pose much of a problem. But unfortunately the scarlet commander doesn't drop his shield, for which I had hoped. Well, we can always repeat the expedition. The xp wasn't bad, and the loot was okay.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool