Tobold's Blog
Thursday, April 21, 2005
 
WoW Journal - 21-April-2005

This has been a crazy week, both from work and with all the excitement about the new laptop, so both my WoW playing and my blogging about it have lagged a bit. Nevertheless, here are this weeks highlights:

I hate having the same old quests in my quest journal for a long time. So while I didn't particularly enjoy the very drawn out first part of Maraudon some time ago, I jumped on the chance to do the second part with nearly the same guild mates. Just to get the quest finished and the dungeon over. In the end the expedition was anti-climatic. From the point where you teleport in with the staff you can gain in the first part, to killing the princess at the end, it only took us 45 minutes. And we did kill a named rock elemental and a named crocodile as well.

I managed to win not a single roll, and left the dungeon with just some junk loot. But finishing the quest gave me the Thrash Blade as reward, which is better than the self-smithed Phantom Blade I was still using. At first I was a bit disappointed by the looks, the Thrash Blade looks rather boring in comparison to the semi-transparent Phantom Blade. But after paying somebody an outrageous amount of money, 17 gold, for casting a +4 damage enchantment on the new blade, it looked cool enough, with a blue glow effect. Guess my next character will do tailoring / enchanting, there is a definitive shortage of enchanters, which drives the prices up.

Other than that, I didn't do much dungeoneering this week. I helped a guild mate to kill the last NPC he needed in Scarlet Monastery, but that was a relatively quick affair. I managed to get another elite quest done, The Mind's Eye, last of a long series of Stranglethorn Vale quests. The final mob there was 47 elite, but I needed the help of a guild mate of my level to do this, as these ogres were rather tough, and numerous. Now the only "last elite step of long quest series" I have open is the level 56 elite from the Legend of Zelda series.

On two days of this week I was playing in the mornings, instead of the evenings, due to a crazy work schedule, and the half day I had to take as holiday to wait for the arrival of the laptop. On these mornings I didn't gain much in xp, because I used the time with low population to gather herbs. It is *much* easier to gather herbs when nobody else is playing. I gathered a stack of Gromsblood in Desolace, and nearly as much Plaguebloom in Fellwood, and both of these are hard to find at all in the evenings, when there are several herbalists around looking for them.

Last WoW news is that I installed WoW on the laptop, and it is running quite well. The only remaining problem is that I can only play WoW on the move if I happen to stay somewhere where there is a WiFi hotspot or other possibility to access the internet.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool