Tobold's Blog
Tuesday, May 24, 2005
 
WoW Journal - 24-May-2005

Switching from politicians to the discussion of slimes and oozes, an easy transition. :)

The quests in WoW are generally quite well done. But yesterday I hit a pair of annoying quests in Undercity, asking me to kill slimes and oozes in Felwood and Un'goro. No problem. But the slimes and oozes only drop unrefined samples, and then you still need to go to Undercity and for each sample click through several windows to see if the unrefined sample contains the pure sample you need for the quest. I gathered 21 unrefined samples in both locations. From the Felwood stack I only needed 16 before I reached the 5 pure samples I needed for the quest. From the Un'goro batch I reached 4 pure samples after 10 unrefined samples, but then none of the remaining 11 samples yielded the 5th sample for completion.

Pretty annoying to have to go back to Un'goro, gather another batch of samples, and hope that one of them contains the last pure sample I need. Especially since Un'goro and Undercity are on two different continents and it isn't especially fast to travel between them. And all that for a handful of silver, not the most attractive quest. I wouldn't have done it if I wouldn't have needed herbs from Un'goro and Felwood. Un'goro is the only place I know that has Mountain Silversage, while Felwood is the best place I know for Plaguebloom.

I don't know why, but all slimes and oozes, from the lowest level up to the highest, have the same lousy loot. Debris like extinguished torches, decomposed boots, and slimy ichor, worth only a handful of copper pieces. Killing oozes and slimes all evening long yielded barely enough loot to pay for the repair costs. I think I should avoid this type of monster in the future.

After the oozes I went to Stranglethorn Vale and the Swamp of Sorrows to kill crabs. Collecting tender crab meat for a cooking recipe which yields food with a +12 stamina and spirit bonus. Unfortunately the crabs were distributed widely all over the beach, and the drop rate is only about 1 in 3. So I was running a lot, and spent a lot of time to kill grey monsters, and ended up with just 13 portions of food.

All in all a not very productive playing session. But the advantage was that none of these activities was actually hard to do, I was just playing around a bit after a hard day at work.
Comments:
At least the slime quest story has a happy end. Once you finish both, you get another quest, where you need to combine the two sorts of slimes into one huge monster, and battle that one. Fun! Then you get a decent ring or cloak as reward.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool