Tobold's Blog
Tuesday, June 21, 2005
 
WoW Journal - 21-Jun-2005

It is astounding how you can spend a whole evening of 4+ hours in WoW without doing anything special. Yesterday evening I was just pottering around with all of my characters. Raslebol only made a couple of potions for guild mates, and spent money on twinking the other characters. Honey did the main part of her level 30 quest for the Felhunter demon. And most of the time was spent with Kyroc, handing in quests, visiting the artisan tailor and enchanter, transforming a huge bundle of silk first into clothes, which were then disenchanted, and the resulting dusts used to boost his enchanting skill. And I'm still far from 225 skill in both tailoring and enchanting, I need a lot more silk and mageweave. Guess I'll send Raslebol farming.

Then I realized that I needed a new character. Raslebol is level 60 and can't level any more. Honey should stay at the same level as my D&D friends on the French server. And Kyroc is teamed up with my wife's mage, and can't solo either. So I reactivated a level 2 orc shaman named Waldin, who I had created long ago, and never played. I wasn't too impressed with shamans during the beta, but since then they have risen considerably in my appreciation, especially since they seem to be a good combination of healer and tank, which is something I always like. And I guess the problem of low survivability I had with my shaman in beta can be solved with some twinking.

First thing I did with Waldin was travel to the Tauren newbie zone. I prefer to play an orc over a tauren, but as my last two Horde characters were troll and undead, I wanted to do the Tauren quests in Mulgore instead. Mulgore has the disadvantage that it is relatively big, so you need to run around a lot, and filled with aggressive creatures, so you need to run away a lot. Darniaq on the Grimwell boards always claims that Tauren were originally foreseen to have higher "plains run speed", so they made their zone larger, and couldn't change it back when they ditched the idea of the run speed boost for Tauren. But the quest in Mulgore have a very nice American Indian cultural touch, while the orc quests are comparatively bland.

Then I started working on the twinking part. Raslebol did a tour of Ragefire Chasm, but didn't get much stuff useful for a low level shaman, so he bought a level 9 and a level 14 mace in the auction house. Next logistical problem is having an enchanter and the character to be twinked on the same account, so I can't have the two meet and enchant. So I'm first sending the equipment by mail to Kyroc, the enchanter, who will then enchant it and send it on to Waldin.

Progress on the new character, and on this blog, will be slow for a while. From Thursday to Wednesday I will be on a trip where I first visit my parent for the weekend, and then spend some days in France on business. And the Saturday after that I'm leaving for a two-week holiday to Yorkshire. For the first trip I'll have my laptop with me, and might still be able to play a little bit. But on my holidays I'll be without computer, I'd rather explore good old England when I'm there.
Comments:
Myself and Hanzen would like to do a some of the "5 man" instances mate. Feel free to volunteer, should be a laugh and something more to do with Ras @ 60 ;)

Wiv
 
I'll volunteer as soon as I'm back from holidays. I'm already working my way up in the dungeon levels, yesterday I did Sunken Temple with a bunch of level 50+ characters from our guild.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool