Tobold's Blog
Monday, September 12, 2005
 
WoW Journal - 12-September-2005

I finally got around to play my shaman, Waldin, a bit more. Leveled him to 28 over the weekend, at an amazing pace, fueled by rest bonus xp and twinking. One weakness of the shaman class is that they have less mana than other casters of the same level, but twinking with +intelligence gear helps there. The other weakness is a lack of area effect spells, I only got a magma totem dealing 22 points of damage repeatedly. But by chosing engineering as profession, I can deal huge amounts of damage with explosives.

My special favorite are goblin land mines. Sure, they need 10 seconds to be armed, and can be destroyed before. But if you take care to hit all the mobs at least once before dropping the mine, they'll ignore it completely. And seeing how at my level a spell deals 100 to 150 points of damage to one target, dealing 500 points to several targets around me is awesome. Explosive sheep and iron grenades deal only 150 points, but are easier to use. Using lots of explosives gets expensive for a level 28 character, so I'm living from the income of my level 60.

That level 60, Raslebol, I only played Sunday afternoon and evening. First helping some guild mates with the attunement to the core quest, so they can enter Molten Core. Then doing another MC raid with the guild in the evening. The way *to* Lucifron is getting smoother with every try. But Luci still is too strong for us, he wiped us 4 times, and we never even got close to killing him. Not quite 40 players, not quite enough healers, and not quite good equipment adds up to making him impossible to kill. I hope the 1.7 patch with Zul'Gurub comes out soon, so that we can gather more raid experience and loot there, instead of battling windmills.
Comments:
ZG is the middle ground content that is needed for guilds like yours and gamers like me. I will not have any chance to do a lot of ZG runs, but I WILL HAVE AT LEAST A ONCE IN A MONTH chance... unlike MC which is far too hardcore.

Also shamans... my love... my class :)

Spirit > Int. I don't have the calculations on me, but a high spirit will regen more mana faster in combat than +int. Its a balance really... +int works, but is better with more spirit. So you make the choice... more mana to start a fight or not running out of mana due to regen during a fight.

Also if you are chain killing monsters its better to use flame shock + searing totem + str totem + rockbiter on a 1h/shield. best mana to damage ratio spells for PvE :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool