Tobold's Blog
Friday, October 28, 2005
 
Rumors confirmed on WoW expansion

The first expansion set for World of Warcraft will be called The Burning Crusade, and as rumored the level cap will go up to 70, and the Horde will get Blood Elves as a new race. The new race for the Alliance and, more importantly, the release date have not yet been announced. Actually the FAQ lists a surprising lot of "we don't know yet" answers.

What I do know is that me and a couple of million other people will buy this expansion, regardless of how we think about raising the level cap or other features. I still wonder how they are going to handle the details on this cap raise, but I guess they will come up with something. And as long as you can level from 60 to 70 in a casual way, even solo if so desired, I think I can live with that. I never liked the high-level expansions of Everquest, but that was because I was unable to get to the high levels myself, and the expansions often didn't offer anything for the casual player. By promoting me and many other casual players to nearly-leet level 60s, Blizzard can offer such a high-level expansion without excluding their core audience.

I'm not impressed with the Blood Elves, I must say. The screenshots suggest that they are simply Night Elves with a different texture. Not very original. But jewelcrafting, the new profession with which you can improve special socketed weapons by setting in magical jewels could be interesting.
Comments:
I think the only part of the expansion that really interests me is how they will transition to level 70...I guess I just don't see it working very well.
 
Originality spills forth.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool