Tobold's Blog
Wednesday, November 23, 2005
 
End of adventure

The dragon of bureaucracy is slain, it's armor of stupid computer systems and uncaring customer service representatives is pierced. My adventure with the double computer of Dell is over, they acknowledged that they got the second computer which they accidentally sent me back, and they don't insist on me paying it any more. As foreseen that cost me couple of phone calls and some time, but in the end I got it all settled. I was lucky to find one nice customer service person.

The only thing that remains is a doubt about the usefulness of my 1-year guarantee, because using that guarantee would mean to send the computer back to them. Now that I know how difficult that is, I might prefer to get the computer repaired locally at my own cost, instead of invoking the guarantee. On the other hand, the computer shows no sign of wanting to break down in the next 10 months, running perfectly for two months now, so this might be a non-issue. I'm happy I took the minimum guarantee, the standard guarantee would have cost me another $150 for 3 years of protection.
Comments:
You'd possibly end up invalidating a 3 year warrenty before it ended anyway - it would be unusual (well, for me it is) not to upgrade at least one component on a PC within that period. And as soon as you go messing about doing that, no douby the warrenty becomes void.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool