Tobold's Blog
Saturday, December 24, 2005
 
Picasa

My parents had their old photos digitized by a photo shop. The result was 5 CDs of photos, with some slideshow and viewing software, but unfortunately the order was scrambled. And each CD only held 50 photos, although the file size was only 1 MB each. So me, being the family tech freak, got the job of getting the photos organized better. So I was searching the internet for some free photo album software, secretly doubting that I'd find anything useful. But then I found Picasa, by Google, and found that this free software worked better than some paid-for programs I've seen.

Picasa searches your hard drive for all photos. Then you can "label" them into collections, thus getting some order into them. There are simple one-click functions to fix the colors or contrast, and even a red-eye removal tool. And finally you can select the collections you want, and get them burned onto a CD, which much better viewing software and slideshow.

Why is it free? Well, you can also select photos and press the button that sends them to some print shop for getting prints, and I guess Google is getting a share of that. Really brilliant software, very easy to use, intuitive user interface, and working with the usual Google speed. Recommended.
Comments:
One thing I really hated and that made me uninstall it is that I saw no option to specify where its database is.. it was stuck on my C: drive eating away 300M which I couldnt afford.. so out it was for Picasa..
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool