Tobold's Blog
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
 
World of Warcraft has 5 million subscribers

Old news, Blizzard did a press release two weeks ago, announcing that they passed the 5 million subscribers milestone. The game is still growing, but going from 4 to 5 million already took a good bit longer than from 3 to 4, so I'd say that at least growth is slowing down.

I'm only mentioning it because I stumbled upon a curious article in The Inquirer about the 5 million WoW subscribers. Quote: "What drives the WoW-factor, this mad fad? Tobold suggests it's the hand-holding and ease of play, but maybe it's marketing, or the artwork. Or maybe it has the blessing of Saint Isidore of Seville." How come that I'm mentioned on a commercial technology news site like that? There isn't even a link to my blog or the article mentioned. I doubt I'm famous enough for the average The Inquirer reader to know me.

I mailed the author, and it turns out the link has been lost in the editing / publishing process. Nobody is perfect. :)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool