Tobold's Blog
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
 
WoW Journal - 1-August-2006

I'm making good progress with my new priest, who is now already level 47. And most importantly I am having fun, doing quests that I have never done before, this being my first Alliance character that got this far. Currently I am questing in Feralas, with Tanaris being the next step.

I found one more hidden quest, a level 40ish quest series called "Sweet Amber", where you help some dwarf to brew alcohol. The hidden aspect of that is that the quest giver dwarf is in the mountains of Westfall, and not many level 40+ characters go there. The only bad aspect was that I had to look up where to find the bags of corn he wanted, because the quest text did not give any hint at all, only with Thottbot was I able to solve the quest. But I got a cool reward, I trinket representing a hip flask. Using it not only gets me drunk, but also makes me breath fire for 5 seconds, burning all enemies in front of me. Fun!

I also did two expeditions into Zul'Farrak, one of my favorite dungeons. Especially the defence of the pyramid event is always worth doing. And except for Gahz'rilla, the whole instance is more or less the same level range, and can be completed with a group in one run. I think I won't bother gathering the mallet for Gahz'rilla, maybe I find a group where somebody else has it. Getting the mallet is more trouble than killing the monster. But I do appreciate the reference to Japanese monster B-movies.
Comments:
If you're looking for other B-movie references in WoW, there's a turtle in BFD called Gamu-ra, or something like that.

Another player told me there was a site that cataloged the pop culture near-references in WoW, but I haven't found it. I started noticing them when I killed the rouge Colonel Kurzen in STV. Which was similar to Colonel Kurtz in Apocolypse Now. So now when I log on in the Booty Bay inn I imagine the Doors playing and a voice over saying "Saigon, 1975...." I'm guessing only the 25 and over crowd gets that one.
 
I found it most entertaining in IF to go into Furblog illusion (low 20's quest in Astranaar gives you a clicky 3 min illusion item as part of the quest near the end - just drop the quest and keep the stick!) and then fire off the flask. Lags out all of the mailbox-sitters.

I found Sweet Amber by stumbling onto the fountain while doing the Naga kill quest. I was pretty happy.
 
ZF is great; especially the pyramid scene. I wish the game had more times when you got to fight along side powerful NPC's as it kinda gives a small taste of what raiding is like. As far as the mallet is concerned Tobold, just stack that quest with the quest to kill the highpriestess and you are golden. Plus, the mallet is nice to have if guildies ever need the run.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool