Tobold's Blog
Thursday, October 26, 2006
 
Dell - Tobold 0:0

I reported that the only thing wrong with my last order from Dell was that they had sent me a wireless mouse instead of a mouse with retractable cable. No biggie. But I called Dell, and they agreed to send me the mouse I actually ordered, free of charge. Great customer service!

Today I get the small parcel from Dell, open it, and what do I find? Another wireless mouse. One more phone call confirms that wireless mouses is all they have left, even if a month ago when I ordered the laptop the mouse with the retractable cable was still possible to order. Well, I left it at that. I didn't get the mouse with cable I wanted, but instead I got TWO wireless mouses. Lets call it a draw.
Comments:
You can always send one my way. =)
 
Dell's customer service *is* outstanding.

It has to be-- they so seldom manage to get things right....

<= three dead laptops from one purchace; repaired then replaced, at the cost of about 45 hours of cellphone time and maybe weeks of lost use, final replacement had a CD drive, not a CD-R.
 
The more you complain at them about their errors, the more they bend. Perhaps I'm just obsessive, but I like to get what I order. By the time I finished getting my desktop, I think my net cost, including the 19" lcd, was ~500 for a $1200 system. At one point, they offered me one of those handheld PC's just to shut me up.
 
Depends on which wireless mouse it is. You may have lost this battle.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool