Tobold's Blog
Saturday, December 16, 2006
 
Decursive replacement

I went raiding yesterday to Molten Core with my undead priest, and with the help of someone from the guild found a good replacement for Decursive. And the beauty is that you don't even need to download anything, you just make a "Decursive 2.0" macro saying

/cast [target=mouseover] Dispel Magic

What that does is when you press the hotkey for the macro it casts Dispel Magic (replace with the name of your decursing spell if you ain't a priest) on whatever target your mouse is hovering over. You don't need to click with the mouse to decurse. In a big raid I just set up CTRaidAssist to display all curses that I can dispell and just whack-a-mole, hovering the mouse over the list of players and spamming the decursive macro button. In a small group I could even target the players on the screen, as curses change their avatars color. It isn't quite as fast as the old Decursive, but pretty close. Nifty!
Comments:
apparently theres a decent decursive 2.0 in development. Im keeping an eye on it from time to time, it will be different and wont do it FOR you, i think, but should make things easier.
 
smartbuffs already does this as does the smaller replacement MM_Dispell
 
Tobold,

Apparently, /cast Dispel Magic
/targetraid

seems to work now, have you tried that?
 
I tested two alternatives to Decursive

(screenshots you can find here:

http://schattenjaeger.webeddie.ch/viewtopic.php?t=86

)

SmartBuff ,has now a SmartDeBuff window, which is very compact and easily usable (just click on them ,to debuff)

Another nice Addon is "HealBot" ,which provides a CTRA like raid-bars environment, but is more configurable (See screenshots on my site)

It allows you also to set spells on Mousekey, for example:

Left: Target
Right : Dispell
Shift+Left : Fast Healing Spell
Ctrl+Left : Slow but efficent Healing Spell

You can also define the colors of the bars, when a dispell is present (Magic, Sickness, etc. all in different colors)
 
I've had issues with macros since the patch. Many no longer work with unit frames, or some such. So instead, I get an error claiming that action is only permitted by the Blizzard UI.

Grid is a really good replacement for CTRaid's raid display, both in information that can be relayed and the amount of space it takes up on your screen. Combine it with Clique, and you're good to go.

-Mart
 
I'll agree on Grid + Clique - My main character is a mage, so I only have to worry about removing curses - I have Grid configured to make curses very obvious, and Clique configured so shift-click removes them. Works quite nicely for me.
 
Xaylissa's comment led me to DrDecursive. Thanks, I'll try that.
 
I don't seem able to use Scripts in my Macros any more. Now I have to feed my Pet the hard way again. Open Bag, click on Feed Pet spell, click on Food Item, close Bag, etc. Previously I'd hit my Feed Pet Macro button and my Pet would be fed.

I also cannot use my Hunter's Mark/Pet Attack Macro as that used a Script Action :(

Way to break your own game, Blizzard.
 
I would guess that Blizz has decided that the bots used scripts, so because of that abuse we've lost scripting.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool