Tobold's Blog
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
 
Measuring blogs the VirginWorlds way

It seems that mapping the MMO blogosphere and ranking and measuring it is all the rage. Prognosticator from VirginWorlds.com (an excellent MMO news portal by the way) has come up with his own method. He simply types the MMO blog's address into Google, and sees how many hits he gets. Wow, apparently Google has just under 10,000 links to me, landing me on rank 19 of that particular list.

Now this is a method I can accept, within the obvious limits it has: You have first to draw up a list of what you consider to be a MMO blog, before you can rank them on a list. If you didn't know about a particular MMO blog, this method isn't going to find it.

I wish he hadn't called this a "pervasion rating", that is too likely to be misread as something completely different. :) But apart from that, "pervasion" hits the nail on the head, because your number of incoming Google links is a mix between your popularity and how long your blog has been around. Apparently 3 years is already a long time in the blogosphere, which explains a good part of my pervasion rating.

Anyway, whatever you think of the rating, the thing makes for a rather good list of popular MMO blogs and sites, which is already useful enough.
Comments:
Your perversion rate is quite high then..

oh wait..
 
perverstion rating is a rather accurate term when you consider what terms people google to syumble upon mmog bloggies.
 
ah 660 links to me in google...nice idea puts me around 36th place!
 
opps apologies ONLY 111! Ah well not bad for 3 months..hehe(got a bit excited there! excuse me).
 
ah it converted my first post to anonymous :(
 
ah it converted my first post to anonymous :(

I switched to the new version of Blogger today. "New" Blogger came out of beta, and now I was able to move my blog. Your comment getting mangled must have been a bug in the blog conversion. Sorry about that.
 
Its no problem, luckily mine is on the new system already, i think.
 
Wow, that's a cliff after Lum. "We're three behind Lum! Which means we have 1/5 as many links..."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool