Tobold's Blog
Saturday, February 17, 2007
 
WoW Journal - 17-February-2006

Still level 69, but already three quarters of the level to 70 done, so tomorrow I'll hit the big 70 for sure. Leveling was uneventful, except for an incredible streak of good luck with looting weapons. In one evening I got a Staff of Divine Infusion and The Bringer of Death from dungeon chests, and the Wand of the Netherwing
dropping from a boss in Shadow Labyrinth. So now I have one staff for healing in groups, one staff for soloing, and a wand for all occasions.

I also finished all quests in Terokkar Forest, so I'll probably hit 70 in the most beautiful zone in Burning Crusade: Nagrand. Besides Terokkar I did a short excursion to Shadowmoon Valley, to kill Smith Gorlunk, who drops the mold that starts the quest chain to get the key to Shattered Halls. Killing him was easy enough, but getting to him wasn't that easy, because there were a couple of level 69 mobs and two level 70 elite in the way. After I pulled him I saw another player approaching with a flying mount, which obviously makes that quest a lot easier. Made me wonder how the existence of flying mounts changes the design of overland quests.
Comments:
Reading Tobold is always a pleasure, even at 4am :)

I still have to hit 70 so can't know for direct experience. Anyway I suppose that many aspects of the game will take a really different aproach as you get a flying mount.

I would think at:
1) gathering skills that get very simple. You just land on top of resource you need to pickup without having to care how to get there
2) outdoor quests. You can just fly over the zone to see where is the mob you look for.... and to have a nice view of the area and know where to not aggro.... And eventually land directly on the mob with no or very little cleaning around
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool