Tobold's Blog
Friday, May 25, 2007
 
Anonymous commenting stays in

Thanks for all the helpful discussion. Several people remarked that they couldn't or wouldn't want to log in to comment, for privacy reasons. Others correctly pointed out that the need to be registered doesn't help fighting trolls on many message boards. So I decided to leave anonymous posting in.

But please be advised that your opinion will be more valued by me and others if you put at least a nickname in. Just select the "others" option under "Choose an identity" and type some nickname in the name field. The web page field is optional.

And please keep the tone polite. It is totally okay for you to disagree with me on lets say the importance of the last WoW patch, or hardcore vs. casual issue. But just don't call me or other commenters fanbois, idiots, or similar stuff. I'll be tougher deleting that sort of posts in the future. Argue with your opinion against other's opinions, not with name-calling against other's person.
Comments:
good decision ;)
 
Cheers indeed.
 
I'm upset that there are other trolls ruining my reputation, atleast I don't hide under anon!
 
Even though I play lots of MMPORPG's I am not all that computer saavy. I've tried many times to set up a blogger/google account and it never seems to work. I will type out a long, thought out response to this blog only to be not able to post it because my passord/username won't work. Thus I gave up and just posted anonymously. Having only registered users be able to post would be a barrier for lots of people like myself that quite like your blog but don't have the time (or patience) to go through all the hoops to become a registered user.

As you can see I am now a registered user. It took quite a while. I don't know what I was doing wrong before, but now my username/password seem to be working. *whew*
 
Was hoping for a topic like

SPLAT: Anonymous posting is teh pwneutered.

But todays topic is equally satisfying... ::evil piccard grin::
 
On behalf of the faceless masses, I thank you.

So, how is LOTRO holding up? You hearing anything about the end game?
 
A very Toboldish (read: well-thought through) decision :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool