Tobold's Blog
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
 
Legends of Norrath: Oathbound started for EQ1&2 players

I had read that on August 28th every EQ1 and EQ2 player would receive free Legends of Norrath cards, so I logged into EQ2 last night an lo and behold, LoN was working now. Not quite sure if it's now working for everybody, or whether that was a result of the beta application email I send in a couple of days ago. But there was no screen saying beta, nor an NDA, and I could play right away.

I did the whole 11-step tutorial, then built a deck and actually won my first casual game against another player. Then I discovered that there is a campaign having you play against computer controlled enemies in a story mode, and started that one. It's still too early for a review, but up to now I like it. The card game itself is maybe not quite as good as Magic the Gathering. But the online adaptation is at least as good as Magic the Gathering Online, so that's a point in LoN's favor. And of course MtGO is standalone, while LoN is connected to Everquest 1 and 2. So right now I'm happy enough, and I *will* buy some more cards (probably $30 for another starter and 5 boosters). More later.
Comments:
LoN hooked me in last night as well. It's a fun distraction when you have some downtime in EQ2 or just get bored of killing stuff for a while.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool