Tobold's Blog
Saturday, September 22, 2007
 
DVD's long tail

After having finished watching season one of Boston Legal last week (William Shatner is just great), I went shopping today to get season two. But no luck. Neither did I find Ally McBeal season one, or Grey's Anatomy season one, although season two of that was stacked high in the store. I ended up with M*A*S*H season one, and The Shield season four.

Two or three years ago there were very few TV series on DVD available, and a DVD store basically had them all. Now more and more are coming out, and shelf space is limited, so not everything is stocked any more. It's getting to be just like books, where a bookstore only has the bestsellers available, you'll need to order anything else. The large number of not-bestsellers is called the "long tail", and is often quoted as one of the success reasons for Amazon.com. Guess that is where I'll be heading to buy my DVDs.
Comments:
I liked Boston legal as well. however I never say any after Season 1 either; other shows interested me. Maybe I'll try to catch up one day.
 
LOL

In any case, I rent my tv shows from Netflix. I can't think of anything I'd be willing to buy at this point. Online renting is just too convenient.

BTW, Rome Rising has been delayed - again.
 
We live in a world with too much choice and bricks and mortar shops just can't keep up. I still like browsing for bargains in real shops though.

Tobold - Where on Earth do get the time to watch TV on top of gaming and blogging and work and home life? Do you not need to sleep?
 
If you need original US imports shipping to europe for free check my favourite DvD supplier:

www.dvdboxoffice.com

Free shipping from Canada to Europe, neat.
 
I know, but not always cheap. I just ordered season 2 and 3 of Boston Legal there for 53 Euro each.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool