Tobold's Blog
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
 
An unexpected link

Sitemeter and Feedburner both inform me about incoming traffic I get from links on other people's webpages. Most of those are the usual suspects: other bloggers, WoWInsider, gaming sites. I also get some traffic from Wikipedia, and of course tons of hits from search engines (curiously I get hits regularly from people searching for "t", but that might be some error or some search bot). But today I got a really unusual and unexpected link: from Google Finance, which links to my blog entries mentioning The9 Limited, the Chinese distributor of World of Warcraft.

I think I need some business cards saying Tobold - Financial Analyst. :) Or rather not, because I don't trust financial analysts. If they really knew what stocks will rise, why would they work for a measly salary instead of simply making a fortune on the stock market?
Comments:
Out of curiousity I ran a Wikipedia search on Tobold. The first hit was a List of Hobbits, which included Tobold Hornblower, while the second was on the name Toby, for which Tobold is a variant.

But the third and fourth hits were for OGame and Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game, where our Tobold (not the Hobbit) was referenced.

So there's no Tobold page on Wikipedia yet, but I don't think it will be long before there is ;)
 
a) stocks are risky and they can lose money faster than they can make it
b) they dont earn measly salaries

:p
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool