Tobold's Blog
Friday, November 02, 2007
 
Late for WAR

Via Keen and Graev's blog I got the news that Warhammer Online is now officially postponed from Q1 to Q2 2008. I don't think that surprises anyone. And I'd still say that Q2 is slightly optimistic, I'd bet even money on another delay.

Mark Jacobs explains the delays in his State of the Game, in which he also mentions that yes, part of the layoffs at EA were from the WAR team, but not in large numbers.

The more interesting news in that letter was that they are now planning different Server Rule Set Systems, quote: "In addition, we’ll be making changes to the RvR (open field RvR FTW!) and Server Rule Set Systems. These changes bring WAR a step closer to fulfilling the promise that “War is Everywhere” while ensuring a great play experience for those that do not choose to engage in RvR 24x7." I read that as meaning that WAR will have normal and PvP servers, just like WoW, with PvP servers having PvP enabled everywhere, and normal servers having PvP enabled only in the specific PvP zones. I'll so be going for the normal, PvP-lite version here.
Comments:
Carebear, back to EQ noob!

Kidding, although as I've said before, for a game so heavily based on PvP, we sure are getting a lot of PvE news...
 
You and me both, Tobold. The more I think about my playstyle, the more I realize I like to have the best of both worlds. My only worry is that Open world RvR on a PvE-like server will not very exciting and that everyone will be too busy camping boss mobs.

Time will tell.
 
The pve tract of the game is probably not even needed but it does accomidate to players who just dont get into e-peen size battles.
 
No problem, all us Mythic fans will just keep on playing Dark Age of Camelot. (They haven't cancelled that yet, have they?)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool