Tobold's Blog
Monday, December 31, 2007
 
Blog transformations

This blog underwent some transformations over the year, visible in the number of visitors.

Visitor numbers kept growing during the first quarter, and then two things happened in the second quarter: I quit WoW and I switched my RSS feed to enable reading my full articles via a feed reader. So while my December numbers look a lot lower than the peak in March, in reality the number of readers has remained pretty much constant. Instead of 3,000 visits a day, I now get 2,000 visits, but Feedburner tells me that 1,250 people are reading my feed. Of course feed readers are harder to count, the Feedburner numbers are just an estimate, and feed readers could always click on the article and get counted as site visitors as well.

The idea of this blog isn't to make money with views or clicks on ads, but to spread my ideas and to encourage discusion. So I'll keep the RSS feed this way, even if that diminishes the number of site visitors. Last year I paid about $100 for the advanced Sitemeter stats, but I let that lapse now. Google Analytics and Feedburner are giving me the same information for free. I'll just keep the basic Sitemeter counter for the cummulative count.

I hope you enjoyed my blog this year, and wish you a happy new 2008!
Comments:
Let's hear some mmorpg predictions for 2008!

I'll post a few tomorrow )
 
Am amazed that you can keep posting on mmorpgs day in day out...surely you will get sick of the sight of them eventually ;)
 
I just wanted to say thanks for the full feeds!
 
Happy new year Tobold and the rest of you!!!

I look forward to read your block in the new year. I hope you will pay Warhammer close attention.

Kind Regard

Itech
 
Yes it's true that someone can read your RSS and count as one, and at same time click to read web version and count as another one.

But same can happen even before re-reading a post, eventually from another pc (work/home)

Also, now feedburner is part of google... don't know if both services will eventually integrate and give count correctly as only one when someone click to read web version using rss feed.

anyway....
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
 
Happy new year Tobold, keep up the great work, i've enjoyed reading your blog on an almost daily basis the entire year.
 
Those are some amazing stats. Nice job. I remember your pre-WoW days, you've really come far in the past three years. When will your empire crumble? ;)
 
Thanks a lot for your interesting articles, viewpoints and thoughts.

Oh, and I really enjoy the full articles in my reader, it's great to read them on the train.
 
Best wishes for the New Year :)
 
happy New Year Tbold.

Keep up the good work!!!!
 
Happy New Year Tobold !

Yours Friendly
Lunedust
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool