Tobold's Blog
Saturday, January 01, 2011
 
Happy New Year!

More out of tradition than because I feel it is important, I'm reporting annual blog visitor numbers at this time of the year. From the first of January to the 31st of December 2010 this blog got 943,673 visitors, down 12% from last year where I still had over 1 million. As recently mentioned, this is intentional, and due to me having reduced posting frequency. In addition to the readers coming directly to my site, I also have 4,100 daily feed subscribers, up from 3,500 last year.

Since early April I ran an experiment to see how much money I could make from blogging, via PayPal donations. I made a total of $576.50 in 2010, from 42 donations. That is actually more than I expected, but mainly driven by a big surge when I started. In the second half of the year I made about $20 a month. Fortunately I didn't quit my day job. :) The money was "reinvested" for the benefit of the blog, mainly for buying games and subscriptions.

I would like to thank all readers, commenters, and especially people who donated, for their contribution to this blog last year. I wish you all a happy new year, and the best of success for all of your plans and resolutions for 2011.
Comments:
All the best to you in the new year.
 
Happy new year! And $500 from your blog ain't bad at all! Quite nice for a hobby :)
 
HNY to you too.

That's a very nice chunk of traffic. And not bad with the donations either.

My blog is ad-supported and I obviously made less than you but my traffic is also a lot less.

How about doing another experiment this year and try putting Google ads instead? I don't think you'll do this though because I seem to recall you saying at some point that you dislike ads.
 
Happy new year Tobold
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool