Tobold's Blog
Friday, December 14, 2012
 
Zombies are popular

There once was MMORPG which was so bad, it couldn't even get the 35.000 players which was said to be the break-even point. So the game shut down and most people forgot about it. That would have been the end of the story, if Turbine hadn't just announced that they are going to revive Asheron's Call 2 again, over 7 years after its closure. Presumably nobody worked on the game in the meantime. My best guess is that the game still sucks as much as I remember it to.

I think Turbine misunderstood the memo saying that zombie games were increasingly popular these days. Personally I think they would have a lot more success with a new version of Asheron's Call 1 with a new graphics engine than with a revived Asheron's Call 2.

Comments:
I still remember the Asheron's Call 1 beta ending. It was so epic. And it was a looong time ago.
 
AC2 was an awesome game. Its was a real living world where whole cities were wrecked and rebuilt through crafting efforts every few months..plus the player instrument music system is completely unique and super creative. The world graphics look so exotic and alien..I dont know why it fail to be honest.
 
AC2 was and still is the best MMO I have ever played. Chat was packed with former payers returning tonight.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool