Tobold's Blog
Wednesday, July 15, 2015
 
Trulon

I always feel a bit cheated when I buy a $50 game and it is over in 10 hours. That isn't to say that 10-hour games can't be fun, just the price has to be right. Like Trulon for example, which costs $5 and is available for iOS and Android. And no, before you ask, there are no additional in-app purchases.

Trulon is a role-playing game with combat based on cards. So each of your characters has a deck of cards with various tactics, you start combat with a random hand of them, and draw a fresh one every turn. If you run out of cards, you can always do a basic attack, or use a "wildcard" randomly selected from all characters' decks. The system works pretty well and gives a nicely tactical combat without being too dependent from luck.

You can follow the main story and do side-quests, but if you feel weak you can also just run around until you run into random monsters and beat some of those for additional xp and cards. The story isn't all that special, but an okay heroic fantasy / steampunk mix. The whole thing is over in 10 hours, but those 10 hours are good fun, and priced right. Recommended!

Comments:
50 $ for 10 hours make 5$ the hour roughly the same price than cinema. As often a game is less powerful/ impactful than a good movie but some good games are better than some blah movie, I think the 50$ is a little bit expensive. 20$ make the same game a better quality VS price ratio.
 
50 $ for 10 hours make 5$ the hour roughly the same price than cinema. As often a game is less powerful/ impactful than a good movie but some good games are better than some blah movie, I think the 50$ is a little bit expensive. 20$ make the same game a better quality VS price ratio.
 
I'm cash rich time poor (3 kids under 5 will do that to you) so $50 for a quality 10-hour experience is ok with me. It's when I pay $50 and whatever hours I put are not good that bothers me.

Anyway your usually spot on with your mobile recommendations, especially your card based ones. So it's downloading as I type.
 
This looks like a bit of fun - and for $5 bucks?

I'm presently wokring throught the Witcher series (having never played them) and picked up W1 and W2 for a steal on (about 6$AUD and $10AUD apiece).

I've found waiting a year or two (even three or four!) for AAA game titles to reduce in price is a value way to game.
 
Got the game on your reccommendation and am enjoying it so far. I have a question though that you may be able to answer. Why are some location circles yellow and some blue?
 
The blue circles are villages, towns, and cities. The yellow circles are adventuring locations likes forests or dungeons. As at some point you start fighting in cities, the distinction isn't very meaningful.
 
Thanks for clarifying. For some reason I got it into my head that the color related to whether or not you had finished with a location so I conducted a few futile searches of exhausted zones looking for the missing quests.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool