Tobold's Blog
Tuesday, August 11, 2020
 
Nearly got my wish

In my previous post I wished for more games to be available in a version that removes the necessity of being good at executing your moves, by making them turn-based. And shortly after writing that I decided to buy the PC version of Horizon Zero Dawn. And it turns out I nearly got my wish. Horizon Zero Dawn doesn't have a turn-based mode, but it does have a quite wide range of difficulty settings that mostly affect the execution part, combat. There is an easy mode, and if that isn't enough, there is even a "story" difficulty setting that is said to allow even people with *very* slow reaction times to enjoy combat.

I will try the game on easy, but it is good to know that I can make the execution part even easier, if I wanted to.

Comments:
I recently played Jedi Fallen Order and although the game has some difficult combat it also has a generous selection of difficulty settings including a "story mode". Better yet it allows you to change the difficulty up and down at any time which is a feature I wish more games had. It means for example that you can lower the difficulty to get through a tough section but increase it again so that you still get some challenge from regular enemies. I would actually say this is an ideal arrangement except for one thing: It doesn't allow you to replay boss fights once you overcome that boss unless you restart the whole game. I would like to be able to learn a boss fight on a lower difficulty and then replay it on a harder difficulty as my skills improved. Fallen order doesn't allow you to do this.
 
Having this sort of option is the only reason I ever finished Bayonetta!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool