Tobold's Blog
Monday, March 08, 2021
 
The best product I don't need anymore

Back in 2019 I backed a Kickstarter project called The Lost Adventures for "All-in-One 3D Printable Adventures". I just got the final delivery of all the files from The Lost Adventures Co. And there are a lot of things I absolutely love about the product: There are low level D&D adventures, battle maps, and STL files for miniatures, terrain, and even props. In 2019 I would have loved to have this on my table. Unfortunately, in 2021 I don't really know what to do with this.

I'm still playing D&D, but my living room table has been replaced by a Roll20 virtual tabletop. I'm still playing once or twice a month, but via Roll20 and Discord. So the tokens and handouts I use are all just two-dimensional images these days. I don't really 3D print for D&D anymore.

Now of course we all have things we don't do anymore during the pandemic, but for many of these activities the idea is to get back to the old ways once we are all vaccinated and out of lockdown. But it would be foolish to think that everything will go back to the way it were. The years 2020 and 2021 have changed the way we behave, and some of these changes will stick. Some of my friends with whom I was playing around that living room table have moved away, and it is likely that we will stick to Roll20 and not get back to the real table.

Of course that is not the fault of The Lost Adventures, which remains a rather good product for a very reasonable price, even as late pledge. It is just me who doesn't really need that product anymore.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Perhaps a new item to fill the void - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1024146278/dungeon-alchemisttm - works with Roll20
I am not involved with the project, long time lurker here
 
@Lurchio: Looking good, I decided to back it.
 
Wow, 20X subscribed... they asked for 45K and got 2M!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool