Tobold's Blog
Friday, March 04, 2022
 
Hexplore It

Hexplore It is a series of board games about exploring hex-based fantasy realms. Basically a board game version of the hex crawl in roleplaying games like D&D, lighter and without the need for a DM. I bought volume I of Amazon, but then backed volume IV on Gamefound. And I just added a bunch of stuff to my pledge for volume I, because the developers made a very interesting addon that completely changes volume I: Klik's Madness is a 500+ pages hardcover book that adds a substantial campaign to a game that wasn't originally designed to be a campaign game. Interesting!

I must say that I love campaign games. The bare minimum campaign is something like Gloomhaven, where the campaign choices unlock scenarios. But I prefer bigger story books for campaign games, with more choices. So Hexplore It, which was up to now on my shelf of unplayed games, just went way up in interest for me by adding this campaign book. If this would be something that is interesting to you, you can follow that Gamefound link and find both volume I: Valley of the Dead King and the Klik's Madness campaign book in the addon section. The pledge manager is open for late pledges, even if you didn't participate in the original campaign, until the end of March, with everything supposedly shipping in June of this year. Looking forward to this!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool