Tobold's Blog
Monday, May 30, 2022
 
PrUn Log - Stardate 2022-05-30

The development of my base on Verdant is accelerating. That has to do with the curious economy of Prosperous Universe: While there is a large section of the tech tree that needs higher level workers, there isn't a whole lot of trade in those higher level goods. A lot of that activity is invisible, private deals between members of the same corporation working together. So when I looked into what buildings that needed the next level of worker, settlers, would fit with my current food processing business, and were profitable, I came up empty. Yes, you can construct a hydroponic farm to grow coffee beans and turn those into coffee, there just isn't much money in that. So I just bought a bunch of coffee beans and went for more pioneer level buildings instead.

With every building I add, my daily profit grows. But the next building still costs about the same, so I can expand faster and faster. So I made a plan for a whole set of buildings, which will culminate into me branching into another business: Carbon farming. I am now up to my 5th water rig, and my 6th pioneer habitation. Next I want to build my third farm, followed by my first incinerator. The incinerator will turn a mix of plants from my farm into carbon.

Why carbon? Because I was thinking about my second base, and I might go into the metallurgist business with that. I am already producing oxygen on Verdant, and to make iron you need that, plus carbon, plus iron ore. And there is a planet with a good concentration of iron ore close to Verdant. So those two would integrate with each other really well, as Verdant is also consuming iron to make prefabs.

I also added one more new building to Verdant, a storage facility. The 1,500 tons/m3 of base storage were getting a bit cramped, and one storage facility adds 5,000 more tons/m3 to that. So right now I occupy 280 out of the 500 area on Verdant. I have 500 pioneers working, with living space for a hundred more available, which will be enough for the coming farm and incinerator. At today's prices my net profit per day is 14k. The plan is to grow that some more, until I approach the 500 area on Verdant. And then instead of using a permit to grow Verdant by 250 more area, I'd rather use it for that second base, which will have 500 area. That will need some saving up, I have to consider over 150k for a second base.

Labels:


Comments:
I am looking forward to your expansion. I started a couple of weeks behind you and less productive so it will be quite a while for me. Still, I need to decide the future before deciding on the mix to fill the first base.

I get that a new 500sm base is twice as good as a 250 expansion. But it does seem so much easier to use a permit on a 250 expansion. I need to investigate someone's suggestion:

What is involved in expanding orig base to 750, building it up, make additional profit until you can afford to tear down buildings getting most mats back and then doing second planet. It is less efficient than doing 2nd planet straight away, but you can get it started faster. Can you even move this "permit" w/e that is? Soon I hope to read about your permit and CX thoughts & plans, sources and costs.

I definitely did notice the "compounding" - at 1000IC1/day then a 14000 building is 14 days output, with two buildings its 7 days, ... Your 14k? /salute More buildings good - except HB1 - necessary but I wish I had a product building instead.

As always, TYVM.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool