Tobold's Blog
Friday, May 26, 2023
 
Cheating, Gacha, and Loot Boxes in Zelda

I turned my Switch to airplane mode today, so that it wouldn't update Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom from version 1.1.1 to version 1.1.2. The reason that I don't want the update is that the old version has a duplication glitch, which is fixed in the new version. And I rather like the ability to duplicate items, so I am not going to update until I think I don't need it anymore.

As I said in my review, Tears of the Kingdom is a huge game, which will take me a lot of time to finish. A duplication glitch doesn't give me access to items I couldn't have found yet, but it enables me to produce more of an item which I otherwise would need to grind. I know how to get let's say Zonite Charges, it just takes a lot of time. Duplication (which produces up to 4 items in one go) is a lot faster. And Zonite Charges are easy to duplicate, because the item you want to duplicate needs to be in the last slot of your inventory, and if I sort by type, that is where the Zonite Charges are. Having lots of those doesn't trivialize the game in any way, it just allows me to get more Zonai devices, and thus build more interesting stuff.

Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom now also has Gacha machines. Don't worry, they aren't connected to any real money transactions. I think they were put in as a joke. You feed them Zonite Charges and get Zonite Devices out. However, just like Breath of the Wild, there are a sort of loot boxes in the game, for which you will need to spend some money. There is a function where you can scan an Amiibo figurine, and get a chest and some random foodstuff. Fortunately you don't actually need the real Amiibo figurines, which are expensive. You can spend about $25 for Zelda Amiibo NFC cards, which contain a clone of the NFC chip that is normally in those Amiibos. Scanning that card works as well, and is a lot cheaper. The only disadvantage is that this actually feels more like cheating than the duplication glitch, because the chests can contain gear which you haven't found yet.

Comments:
So there is an easier dup bug that doesn't depend on the slot an item is in. You paraglide and then open the menu and hold the items you want to duplicate and then press Y+B to close the menu. You can do this multiple times in one paraglide up to 21 items. After 21 items the game over writes what's on the ground.

You can even dup zonai devices by facing a wall and trying to deploy one from your inventory.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool