Tobold's Blog
Tuesday, June 04, 2024
 
Advertising Agemonia

Last weekend I spent over 6 hours with friends playing Agemonia. We had a lots of fun and arranged to play again next weekend. I talked about the game in previous posts, but in short Agemonia is an adventure campaign game. You play through 38 scenarios with up to 4 heroes (out of originally 7, now 9), exploring different maps, and encountering lots of different monsters. The heroes level up over the course of the campaign, get new skills, find new gear, and make important decisions on the development of their own character with the help of a little "choose your own adventure" booklet for each character. Overall it plays a bit like a role-playing game, just without needing a dungeon master.

The reason I am writing this post is that Agemonia today launched their second Kickstarter. And while you can get the game from the company webshop for €179 plus shipping, the Kickstarter price is €109 plus €34 shipping. Not quite sure how much the difference ends up being, as I think the webshop price already includes VAT, and the Kickstarter does not. Personally I just pledged €35 for a box with all the new stuff. But as this is really I great board game that I can only recommend, I decided to give it some free advertising.

Labels:


Comments:
I played Agemonia with my wife and 7 year old son. We had a great time! It was easy to relax the rules a bit for kiddo, but overall the strategy and gameplay was interesting without being overly fiddly. It was a little hard at the start and a little easy at the end, but not to an annoying degree.

My only complaint is the arena missions are super hard to score well on. To the point we just gave up trying.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool