Sunday, August 23, 2026
Skipping content
In a game like Wrath of the Righteous, I have a tendency to want to play through all of the available content, including every side quest or companion quest. Experience points are a limited resource, and every side quest you do tends to give you some xp, making you stronger for the main quest line. The disadvantage is that some quests just aren't interesting, or don't really fit with your vision of your character.
Wrath of the Righteous is a very long game, Act 3 is an extremely long part of it, and me playing in turn-based mode isn't speeding things up either. Also the DLC add additional side quests to the game, so that playing through them all might not actually be necessary to have a good level for the main quest. So as I am approaching the end of Act 3, I decided to skip some content.
One series of quests I decided to skip consist of tile-laying puzzles. They aren't very well done, you can't see very well what you are doing, and due to lack of explanation there is a lot of trial and error. On Reddit, a lot of players dislike the puzzles. So I had the option of either stumbling around in the dark, or just following a guide, or skipping the content. As I don't find that gameplay interesting, I decided to skip the puzzles.
Then I skipped a companion quest out of roleplaying reasons: I am playing a good character, a crusader on the angel mythic path, constantly choosing the good options in dialogues. And one of the companions is secretly a serial killer. So at the point where that was officially revealed to me, I fought and killed the companion, instead of sparing her just to have further companion quest content. Maybe one day I'll do another run of Wrath of the Righteous, and play an evil character, like a Lich.
