Wednesday, August 12, 2026
Wrath of the Righteous - Start of Act 3
So I ended my excursion into the Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous DLCs, and went back to the main game, where I was at the very start of Act 3. That turned out to be a slow and confusing start. In Wrath of the Righteous you are playing a Heroes of Might & Magic -like game in parallel with a roleplaying game. And in Act 3, the map for both of these parts is huge, much bigger than in Act 2. Now I started Act 3 at level 10, which is normal if you don't do some special trickery in Act 2. But I found it hard to reach level 11, which many locations being small and not giving much xp, or feeling a bit out of my level range. If I need to roll a 20 to hit a monster, I probably shouldn't be there at that level.
The solution turned out to be waiting, as at some point my Mythic Quest suddenly appeared one day. For me playing on the Angel mythic path that involved visiting a temple and its surrounding lands. And one quest there, collecting 21 special daggers, rewarded me with 23040 xp, which is about half a level at this point, and made me reach level 11.
A bit of research revealed that I should now first do the continuation of that mythic quest instead of all the other quests. Because that will get me to mythic rank 4, which is another huge boost to my power. And the crusade management part of the game goes in parallel to that, and sometimes provides me more power boosts, for example by doing decrees that repair relics. Only then should I return to the quest locations that were available earlier to me, like Whitesun, and with all this added power I should be more easily able to deal with that.
