Tobold's Blog
Thursday, November 17, 2005
 
Raph Koster

Raph Koster is a MMORPG designer with a philosophical streak, and a talent for writing. So reading his blog is well worth the time. I must admit I haven't read his book on the Theory of Fun. But with Raph being to some extent responsible for Star Wars Galaxies, I wasn't quite sure if he was perfectly qualified to tell me what fun is. Of course the kinder explanation for SWG is that Raph knows what fun is, but wasn't quite able to implement it in that game. Nevertheless, I usually like what Raph is writing on different gaming forums, he was kind of a regular at the now defunct Grimwell Online, and good to discuss with. So his blog might be a good place to be.

One nice example of his writing is his parable on why there are so few games designed for women, called Blue World.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool