Tobold's Blog
Monday, January 24, 2005
 
Server move - wrong game

My EQ2 account ran out 10 days ago. And this weekend I got an e-mail from my European guild, The Order of the Rose-Croix, that they are participating in the server move, leaving the Runnyeye server for a new European server. Bad timing, that. I currently have no desire whatsoever to play EQ2, and I'm not going to pay $15 to renew my subscription, just so that I can log on once to give a /movelog command.

But if I ever change my mind and want to come back to EQ2, my characters will still be on the Runnyeye server without a guild. I'd probably ditch them and start over at level 1 on the new servers. They weren't all that high in adventuring levels, but I'll lose all the time I grinded doing tradeskills. Well, maybe better that way. While I did like the EQ2 tradeskills, it became too much of a treadmill in the end.

Sid Meier defines a game as a series of interesting decisions, but I think in Everquest 2 I made a wrong choice in the major decision of whether to concentrate on adventuring or on crafting. For once I was playing with a European guild, most of them playing at the same time as me. So I *should* have gone adventuring with them, instead of doing the more solitary tradeskill path. Well, one lives and learns. While this error certainly influenced my decision to quit EQ2 and play WoW instead, at least I don't regret playing WoW now.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool