Tobold's Blog
Sunday, January 23, 2005
 
WoW Compensation

In a message from the president of Blizzard Entertainment more free added playtime was handed out to those unfortunate enough to play on the quarter of servers that keep crashing. I opened my account on the 18th of December, and with the free month and the 60-day game card the billing period should have ended on the 18th of March. But with all the free days I'm already up to 27th of March, with no idea how many more days will get added.

The strange thing is that the last 4 free days announced above I received for a crash I slept through. 6 pm PST is 3 am where I am, and if Blizzard crashes their server only at that time, I'm a happy customer. Unfortunately the announcement said they would try to crash at times which were more convenient for Americans.

Well, kudos to the Blizzard management for their information policy and the compensation. And a big BOO to whoever is responsible for the cluster of 20 servers which has all these problems. I don't know why they take so much time to announce a character transfer solution. Blizzard is losing customers over crashes and queues, and with their policy of not selling any more copies of the game until they can handle the masses.
Comments:
There is a site that will compensate players for realm down time and waiting queues for World Of Warcraft, check out www.youplayorwepay.com
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool