Tobold's Blog
Thursday, June 30, 2005
 
The Sound of Silence

No, I'm not talking about the annoying white space you are probably seeing between the header and this text. That big blank is caused by Blogger having changed their code, and they are apparently working on a fix. They proposed I add a line "#main #menu {position: absolute;right: 21px;}" to my template, but when I do that, the sidebar covers a part of the text, which is even worse.

But the silence I want to announce is the one you are going to hear from me for the next two weeks. I'm on holiday in Yorkshire until mid-July, and I'm not taking any computer with me. Not even a GameBoy. I hope I survive the withdrawal symptoms. :)
Comments:
What are _our_ whithdrawal symptoms, from not having new entries to read ? ;-)

Have a good one !
 
This might sound funny but why are you holidaying in Yorkshire?

Would be intersting to see how many hits you get whilst you are away.
 
First reason for Yorkshire was that my wife and me wanted to see more of England. We had read nice things about Yorkshire in some detective novels we were reading (Inspector Alan Banks novels, from Peter Robinson).

Second reason is my D&D campaign, which is viking themed, and is playing in that area too. York was called Jorvik by the vikings, and was one of their major population centers in England at the time. There is a viking museum, also called Jorvik, in York which I would like to see.
 
I fixed the "whitespace problem" in my own blog by disabling "Enable float alignment" in the Formatting-section of my blog at blogger.com. Just a tip, in case it's the same problem.
 
how many are like me and check to see if he might update anyway?

Even though we know he is gone for 2 weeks.

Part of my work routine I guess. (yes i should be working)

Grog
 
I do to :)
 
I think I'm even worse - I get the RSS feed to check up on new entries, but I load this one anyway to check for new _comments_.

I'm a junkie :P

Quite ironic that the largest number of comments he'll get will be while away on vacation ;)
 
Maybe we should start a blog to blog about his blog entries?

or maybe just a fan club. (kidding)

Has anyone gone as far to create a character on his servers and stalk him for stories of his adventures that sessions?
 
Thanks to the anonymous hint on how to fix the whitespace problem. The option must be new, probably the fix the Blogger people promised.

Thanks to all the others for the comments, keep up the feedback.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool