Tobold's Blog
Saturday, June 25, 2005
 
WoW Journal - 25-Jun-2005

This is a strange weekend for playing WoW. I'm at my parents, and I'm playing on the laptop over the WLAN I recently installed for them. Works well enough, but it isn't as comfortable, a laptop keyboard forcing your hands into a strange position. WoW is certainly playable over the laptop, although there is a bit more lag, probably due to having only 512 MB of RAM instead of 1 GB.

And of course I'm playing a lot less here, prefering to spend time with my parents. When my mother calls dinner is ready, I have to jump immediately. :) So I didn't do anything which would commit me for hours, like a raid. Only grouped shortly with one guildmate to help him get a quest item out of Razorfen Kraul, and then once with a huge guild raid group to slay Araj for the Scholomance key quest. With the real holidays coming up, I don't see me doing Scholomance before the second half of July. Well, two weeks away from the computer should do me good.

So this weekend I was mainly busy doing some farming. I looked up Thottbot on where to farm silk, for Kyroc's tailoring / enchanting. But Thottbot said the best silk drop chance were the woodpaw gnolls in Feralas, which turned out to be a misinformation. They dropped very little cloth, and most of it was mageweave, not silk. I wonder if the loot tables changed, or why Thottbot would be so wrong there.

Then I decided to farm wool, and had heard that Razorfen Kraul had lots. Another wrong information, because *there* I found the silk, and little wool. I read Scarlet Monastery was the best place for silk farming, I wonder what I'll find there. For the moment I stick to RFK, the wool / silk mix there is just what I need.

Another thing I'd need to farm would be money. Raslebol is quite poor for a level 60, just having 40 gold, no epic mount, and all those hungry mouths of my alt twinks to feed. The rogues in the guild are a lot richer, being able to sneak into instances and pilfer chests, but the only thing I can do is slaughter lots of mobs for cash. It seems humanoids and undead are the best cash source, but I'm still working out what is the best level range. Lower level mobs have less money, but take a lot less time to kill as well. So while the undead in the Eastern Plaguelands have nice cash per kill, around 10 sp, I don't know if they give the most cash per hour. Razorfen Kraul mobs gave only around 3 sp per kill, but I killed them faster, and I gained green items to disenchant, and cloth for Kyroc at the same time. Warriors are a bit at a disadvantage here, I can survive endless streams of attackers, but I'm not killing them very fast.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool