Tobold's Blog
Tuesday, July 19, 2005
 
WoW Journal - 19-July-2005

The second part of my holidays is spent at home, and thus involves a lot of playing. Originally I wanted to concentrate on my alts, but it seems there is a raid or something else to do for Raslebol every day. Sunday I was in a 13-man raid to Lower Black Rock Spire (LBRS). Two "of Valor" armor pieces dropped, but it was exactly the two I already got, probably need to raid a different dungeon to get the others. But at least I got some nice blue boots which were better than what I had before.

Monday we had a smaller raid, 9 people to Black Rock Depths (BRD), to do the quest which gives access to Molten Core. We managed to do the quest, but I didn't get any loot. And the servers were behaving a bit weird, with lots of lag spikes and disconnects, causing several deaths.

But while the evenings were spent raiding with Raslebol, I still had lots of opportunity to play Honey during the day. With the rest bonus from the holidays I leveled her up from 34 to 36, mainly in Desolace and the Badlands. I tried to get a group for Gnomeregan, but couldn't get anyone interested. I even tried the meeting stone system, now accessible from every tavern keeper, but it seems nobody is using it.

I have problems finding quests that I haven't done yet with Honey at this level. I certainly don't want to do Stranglethorn Vale again, and that is where most of the quests are. I spent quite some time simply grinding random animals in the Badlands, for leather and xp. I still have to check out Alterac Mountains for mid-30's quests, but I'm afraid most of them are elite and my warlock doesn't find groups as easily as my warrior or my healers.

So out of boredom I followed the instructions at www.ironforgeairport.com and visited the hidden airport you fly over when taking the griffon from Ironforge to Menethil. I even made a screenshot to prove I was there, here it is:


In other WoW news, there is a very funny video about a guy named Leeroy Jenkins, who managed to become so famous that the video is mirrored in many places. You can even buy T-shirts with his battle cry on them. The video is staged, but nevertheless hilarious. It tells the story of a guild raid to UBRS where the players engage in endless discussions on how exactly to approach a difficult fight, until Leeroy, who had been AFK, just rushes the monsters with a battle cry of "Leeerrooooyy", and gets everybody killed. Some people now use his name as a verb, so don't be surprised if somebody warns you to "don't leeroy this" in a raid.
Comments:
"I calculate our chance of success at 33.33%. Repeating, of course." Or something like that.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool