Tobold's Blog
Friday, December 16, 2005
 
Christmas fishing

The World of Warcraft christmas events finally went live, and my level 23 hunter on Bronzebeard was finally able to sell his small eggs, although it turned out that they sold better after transforming them into cookies. Unfortunately the impact on my virtual finances was only small, because I'm making a lot more money by fishing. Fishing in the Wetlands has an about 25% chance of netting you an Oily Blackmouth, and half that chance for a Firefin Snapper, both of which sell very well to alchemists. I get 10 silver for each Firefin Snapper, and 4 to 8 for each Oily Blackmouth. The other fish I find are pet food.

Fishing isn't as interesting as it could be, you just need to click on the fishing bobber when it moves. No wonder some people were using illegal fishing bots that automated this, until Blizzard banned them. But it is legal to use addons which make fishing a bit easier, as long as you can't fish unattended with them. I'm using Tacklebox to reduce the number of clicks, and FishPing to give a more audible sound when I catch a fish. I'm up to nearly 200 fishing skill, I might soon move to fishing for Stonescale Eel in Tanaris, and see if there is already a market for them. They are very expensive on the Runetotem server, but I'm not sure there are already that many high level alchemists on Bronzebeard to use them.

Raslebol on Runetotem did the other christmas quests as well. The quest to free the reindeer was nice, and netted me preserved holly with which I can transform my mount into a reindeer. You can get the non-preserved version of that by kissing a reveler under the mistletoe in the inn, but then it disappears after 7 days. The other christmas quest was quite annoying, you had to kill the abominable greench in Alterac Mountains. That quest results in a random rare crafting recipe, so quite a lot of people want to do it, but the greench only spawns every 5 minutes at a random location. That evolved into a huge camp fest, with lots of people swarming around Alterac Mountains and trying to get the first hit in on the spawn. I finally managed to get the quest done and promptly got rewarded with a leatherworking recipe, with leatherworking being about the only tradeskill I'm not doing on Runetotem (my hunter on Bronzebeard does it).

There is a rumor that the present you get from Grandfather Winter for bringing him cookies contains something valuable if you wait and only open it on the 25th. But if you open it before, you only get some minor crafting resources, like 10 light leather. I don't really believe in that rumor, but if you open your present on the 25th and get something valuable, drop me a line here in the comment field.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool