Tobold's Blog
Friday, February 17, 2006
 
Baseball and WoW

No, I don't know what the connection between baseball and World of Warcraft is either. I only got this mail from Amazon:
Dear Amazon.co.uk Customer,

We've noticed that customers who have purchased "World of Warcraft
Official Strategy Guide (Official Strategy Guides S.)" by Danielle
Vanderlip have also ordered "Baseball Hacks" by Joseph Adler. For this
reason, you might like to know that this book will be released soon.
And here was I, under the obviously mistaken impression that WoW players wouldn't go anywhere near a sports field. :) On the other hand this might just be another example of artificial stupidity. For example if you search for a game strategy guide on Amazon, you get an offer to buy that book in a bundle with ... another strategy guide, and not as would be logical with the game itself.
Comments:
I'm still somewhat surprised people buy strategy guides for changing games, especially MMORPGs. (And especially considering the amount of information about the games available on the internet.) I know I was once 'stupid' enough to do that, for DAoC, but I'll claim I needed the maps so I wouldn't get lost. Nowadays I'd just print them out from the internet (and have).
 
I bought both the EQ2 and WoW strategy guide out of curiosity, and I wrote a comparative review about them.

What you say is totally correct in the case of EQ2, the game has changed so much that the strategy guide has become obsolete. The WoW strategy guide is still over 90% correct, and the Penny Arcade comics in it are timeless.
 
The Penny Arcade comics are the best! They compelled me to add their RSS feed.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool