Tobold's Blog
Friday, March 16, 2007
 
Disclaimer

There is a "WoW News & Information Blog" (no link provided on purpose) which copies texts from this and other blogs and World of Warcraft news sites in a way that makes it look as if me and the other authors were contributing to that site. But in fact the texts are simply stolen, copied and pasted from publicly accessible sites, and server as the respectable front for a gold-selling operation.

So for the record, I am not a contributor to that site, or any other site selling gold. While I am not a rabid opponent of RMT (real money trade, exchanging virtual currency for real one), and I'm "claiming the 5th" (making use of my right to not self-incriminate me) on whether I ever bought WoW gold, I have never supported any WoW gold-selling operations. I have even declined the obvious opportunity to make a bit of cash with Google Adsense on my site, because most of these ads on WoW sites end up advertising gold sellers. I can't prevent these people from copying my writing, and I can't be online 24 hours a day to delete their comment spam on my blog. But I want you to know that I do not support them, and am in no way receiving any money from them.
Comments:
I believe that most of your loyal readers know that and would never have assumed it true. But, many of your readers have been acquired in the last 6 months, so good idea to call this out.
 
I didn't know that British law included a right to not self-incriminate.
 
One time I was farming Dillweeds in duskwood and I got a whisper from Tobold. I couldn't understand because it was mostly chineese, but I think he was trying to sell me gold. Times probably got a little ruff and he needs some extra cash for his heroin.
 
@bennyabelard: While I was referring to US law, the "right to remain silent" is also part of British law. See Wikipedia.

@crazyflangar: Good one, I laughed. And I'm happy to have you around as resident troll of this blog. :) At least you're funny.
 
Someone has to do it, thanks for your support.
 
Tobold....tobold...hhhhmmmm seems familiar....didn't you spawn camp all the quest NPCS in Northshire for like 36 hours...that was mean. You big meany.

I want to be a respected troll tooo.
Not

I have seen this site with all the ripped off articles. Nice site has all the stuff i can't see at work. Though with out the nice props to thsoe who wrote the stuff. I think they need a logic bomb or some rabbits sent to hack thier Gibson.

Hack the Planet!!
 
Eep.

Sounds bad. :(

That being said, I also plead the fifth on whether the blog I work for is the front for a terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

VictorB

P.S. Lemme know through comments if someone from our site isn't properly citing you if ever we use your writings as a source. We have rules against not citing sources properly, and I get distressed whenever stuff like this happens to other people (it's happened to me before as well).
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool