Tobold's Blog
Thursday, March 29, 2007
 
Puzzle Quest news

Puzzle Quest is riding high, with strong sales placing it in the top 5 of the DS sales charts. Great success for a small independant publisher. I wonder how much of that is due to strong support from Penny Arcade, who seem to absolutely love this game.

I ordered this game for the PSP, but I'd also be interested in the PC version, which isn't announced yet. After all, a much bigger screen and a mouse are nice to have. And Puzzle Quest seems to me an ideal game to have on your laptop, as it doesn't use much resources, can be played in short bursts, and auto-saves frequently. Pressed about the PC version release, a developer said on the forums that "we can't talk about it", but that there *will* be a PC version in the future. Seeing how the demo version already seems to contain nearly the complete game, just with a level cap, the PC version should be easy enough to bring out. I just hope that it will be available by digital distribution, I would *not* want to buy it if you can only run it with the original CD in the drive, because I wouldn't want to carry the CD with my all the time in my laptop. If I could just buy a key to "unlock" the demo I already downloaded, that would be perfect.
Comments:
I agree. I tried the demo for this and it was quite fun.
 
Just interested Tobold, where did you order Puzzle Quest from?
 
Amazon.co.uk

Yeah, I know, that's not terribly original. And if I spent an hour searching I might have found an offer being 5 pence cheaper. But as I value my hours at more than 5 pence, I just buy all my books, DVDs, and video games from the same place. Ends up saving me money by bundling stuff into larger packages, with less shipping cost per item.

I do sometimes buy from DVDBoxoffice.com, because they offer free worldwide shipping. But them being Canadian and me living in Europe, that has obvious consequences on delivery time. And I can't order e.g. PS2 games, because of regional coding issues.
 
After calling around, my local Gamestop had a single copy in stock, which I bought last night.

Beware! This game is horribly addicting, and it's also fantastically fun to play even if you only have 5 minutes to do so. That's a battle!

I have it on the DS version, so not sure how the PSP version will run. The stylus works great here, and touching almost anything will bring up help screens and info about things you see. It's very well made.
 
Hey Tobold,

Just found out from reading some forums that the PSP version is shipped with a bug. The companions who join you don't give the bonuses. Which, now that I have two of them and enjoying it, I can see being rather annoying.
 
@ Oz Oh no...is that for the european version or US version, both?

@ Tobold I tend to order from Play or HMV both offer free delivery blah blah blah :)
 
Play.com greeted my attempted Puzzle Quest order with a "This item can only be delivered inside the UK" message. Bleh!

I wonder if the PSP version will get a patch. Now that even handheld consoles are connected to the internet, it should theoretically be possible to patch them.
 
Ah a Tobold mystery revealed! From that quote you are not a UK resisdent ah ha! LOL!!
 
It appears to be all versions. Here's the official post about it:

http://www.infinite-interactive.com/InfiniteForums/viewtopic.php?t=327

This game is much bigger than I originally thought. And, like the forums of the game suggest, I swear the game cheats! =p

*grumbles about the sudden wave of red skulls the computer always manages to get*
 
All PSP versions that is. I haven't had my morning Dew yet...

Could try ordering from Walmart.com, the american juggernaught? They say they have it in stock.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool