Tobold's Blog
Monday, January 07, 2008
 
WoW Journal - 7-January-2008

Ah, the weekend! Longer play sessions, more people online during the day, and only only one "raid night" in my guild: ideal conditions to find guild groups. I managed to do two heroics groups, one with my priest to Shadow Labyrinth, and one with my warrior to Botanica. In both cases we killed all the bosses, confirming my estimate that my characters are well equipped now to do heroics with the right team. Although Botanica with my warrior was a bit limit, we had a situation or two where the priest simply couldn't heal me fast enough. A bit more health or armor would have helped. Well, I'm starting a collection of badges of justice, and maybe I get lucky with drops, so one day he should be ready for anything. This run no suitable plate armor dropped, but a nice one-hand sword for soloing, Revenger. For tanking I'll keep the Crystalblade of the Draenei.

Talking of "being ready for anything", my warrior also finished his attunement to Karazhan in the Black Morass. Wow, has that place been nerfed! It's not trivially easy, but a *lot* easier than it was originally. My priest at the time took 13 attempts to get attuned, and that wasn't even considered unusual then. My warrior now finished Black Morass on the first try. We only had one death, no wipe, and that was because the second boss is immune to taunt, which makes keeping aggro difficult. Only disadvantage of finishing so fast is that my warrior only got to honored reputation that way. :) Well, if the opportunity arrises I can alway help others to do Caverns of Time dungeons and gather some more reputation. I even got the Caverns of Time heroic key, back in the days the very idea to even try BM on heroic made people laugh.

Most of my soloing time this weekend I spent with skilling up fishing, but that's a story for another day.
Comments:
Heh, I don't think Black Morass has been nerfed. It's just that everyone knows how to do it properly, and the average gear level is probably higher now than back in the day.

I PuGGed my key way back when, and it took me multiple tries. A week after that I did it with a guild group, and we tore through it.

It was always fairly easy *if* you had a group that knew what to do.

Try Heroic Black Morass. That's a good challenge.
 
In a pug group, BM can be one of the most difficult and fustrating instances in the game. With help from your guild or friends you've quested with, BM's pretty easy.
 
I'm with Rohan. I don't remember BM nerfs, although I do remember disagreeing with you whole-heartedly when you posted about how difficult it was originally. Sounds like a case of a better group making all the difference to me.
 
BM was nerfed, but that was a long time ago, like 1-2 months after BC came out. And the nerf wasn't really huge. I think the big difference is going with people who know how to do it.
For instance, I never had a problem with BM, but I only went in post-nerf, i.e. after about 2-3 months after BC came out. And mainly went with people who'd already finished it and were helping their other guildies.

BM is one of my favorite instances, i have a whole set of +mp5 gear just for that place.
 
Black Morass is easy. Black Morass is difficult. It all depends on one question: How good are your Damage Dealers?
In most instances only your tank and your healer matter. If your DDs know that the guy with the white skull above is where they should try to punch a bit, everything will be fine even if one of them is feeding a baby while DD'ing, another is trying to rise his weaponskill and the third is plain stupid.
Black Morass is otherway round: Not much of a challenge for a medium tank, relaxing for a medium skilled healer, but without at least one decent DD who takes care of the adds, you will die for sure. The other two can be medium skilled, they only have to shut down one portal until the next spawns.
 
Black Morass used to be bugged very early on after BC came out, but they fixed that. Maybe that's the change people have noticed.
 
I think temporus got nerfed not long ago, his debuffs don't stack to 10 anymore.

That was where most people seemed to fail.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool